Saturday, October 1, 2011

Spiced Apple Cake

Today we welcome the month of October! It was a perfect fall day, cool and crisp but oh-so-sunny! I had baking on my mind first thing this morning. I went searching through my favourite blogs to find the best recipe to bring in the new month and compliment the beautiful day. I came across this Spiced Apple Cake on Joy The Baker and new it was the one, so I put on my jacket and favourite scarf and headed out to get the ingredients.  

 This recipe is simple but requires some time, sauting the apples in butter and sugar - ahh a heavenly scent! Mixing the butter, sugar and spices. Incorporating the dry ingriedents and sour cream then apples with the wet mixture. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting the hour it takes to bake, but oh baby, does it make the house smell GOOD!!

Once it comes out of the oven and you let it rest for 10 minutes, it is time to make a cup of hot apple cider and slice into that sweet, beautiful cake!


It was moist and tender, the spices reminded me of gingerbread but the apples scream fall!

Take some time to check out this recipe and plan to make this cake for your family this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend!

***Note: I only baked my cake for 50 minutes, not the full 60. Ovens do vary so check around the 45 minute mark***

3 comments:

  1. Nice pics Leah! I love the centerpiece for your table :) I shall try your cake at Thanksgiving - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Leah. I really like the warm feeling this blog has. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for coming by! I appreciate your comments :)! I hope the cake turned out for you, Sally!!

    ReplyDelete