Saturday, September 17, 2011

Goodbye Sweet Summer... Welcome Beautiful Fall!

September is feeling more like October this year which means I have to say goodbye to summer earlier than I anticipated. This, I do not like. I love summer for its summer dresses, long nights, sweaty days and no socks. I hate socks.















Fall means socks and shoes that tie up.
Fall means tans and sun streaked hair disappearing.
Fall means the sun going to bed early.
Yes the fall season does mean the end of summer and all of it's glory, but I need to remember why Fall is my second favourite season.....
It means woolly scarves and hats; getting cozy with glasses of red wine and hot cups of tea. It means crisp walks and crunchy leaves. It means the view outside my window turning beautiful shades of burnt reds, oranges and bright yellows.
Fall means turning on slow cookers, making soups, stews and chili's. Fall is cinnamon, apples and cooking a variety of squash.
Dear Fall, as much as I love summer for it's bright blue skies and short shorts, I love you just as much for your beautiful leaves, crisp air and amazing meals.
I can't wait to turn on my oven again and start cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment