Friday, August 24, 2012

Natural Living Friday - Scrub Your Tub Green!

Hooray! We made it through the week!

It's Friday so that means I'm back with another green living tip and this week we're getting in the tub!

There is nothing more cringe-worthy than trying to get your body clean in a dirty bathtub. Right?!

Keep you bathtub super clean and sparkly with 2 products!

1. Castile Soap


2. Baking Soda

Sprinkle about 1-2 tbsp of baking soda around your tub. I use the Kiss My Face brand of castile soap, it works great and has an awesome scent.
Take the bottle and give the tub a good squirt or two out of the bottle, I bet it would amount to 2-3 tbsp of soap, I always just eyeball it.
Now, take a soft bristle brush or a sponge with a scrubber pad on it, in a circular motion go around the tub cleaning off all the grim. Rinse with water.
The castile soap helps to get things clean while the baking soda works as a gentle scrub to get grim off, it also helps to make your tub super white.
See it sparkle?

I've been using this method for a few months now and find the baking soda really helps to get the job done quickly. It's stopped me from buying tons of different cleaners too which is always a bonus!!

Have a great weekend!!



*images not originals by me*

No comments:

Post a Comment