Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chai Tea Latte

I love tea.
I am head over heels in love with tea!

So many choices. So many flavours. 

My cupboards at home and desk drawer at work are stock piled with different kinds - green, red, white and black and different flavours - peppermint, matcha, Chai, blueberry, pomegranate, Christmas, etc. There is so much variety out there, that's what makes tea so great! 


One of my favourites is Chai and one of the best ways to drink it is as a latte. I love Starbucks lattes but $5 a drink can get to be a bit much.
I have been trying to make it at home for awhile and finally got to a flavour I love, it is not the same as Starbucks but is super tasty and a fraction of the cost!

Ingredients

1 Chai tea bag 
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sugar (or more to taste)
1 dash vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk

Boil water and pour over your Chai tea, let steep. I usually let it go a little longer than normal to make it stronger to hold up to the additional milk we'll be adding in.

In a small saucepan add milk and turn to medium-high heat. Add in cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Stir and dissolve the sugar. Once milk gets hot and steamy, take your immersion/hand blender and place it in the sauce pan, blend until foamy, about 20 seconds. If you do not have a hand blender, use a small whisk and whisk back and forth to create foamy bubbles.


Pour hot milk over steeped tea and scrap foamy bubbles off pan and put on the top. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.



Sit back, relax and enjoy!!









No comments:

Post a Comment