Thursday, September 6, 2012

Product Review: Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner

I skipped a week!

Last week I had an extra long weekend, Monday was a holiday but I took the Friday off of work as well to spend some time with myself. This summer has been so busy I haven't had a few hours of alone time in a long time. I made myself a big breakfast and did girly things, it was great and definitely needed! Always remember, no matter how hectic life gets, spending time with just you is essential, don't forget about treating yourself once in awhile.

I'm back today to tell you about my favourite natural shampoo and conditioner. In my switch to natural products I have tested many hair care products, toothpastes, deodorants (still on the hunt! what's with natural deodorant? I smell worse with it on....) and plenty of other body and makeup brands.
The first products I bought of Desert Essence was their Green Apple and Ginger shampoo and conditioner. I remember the scent being intoxicating and enjoying both products and how they made my hair look and feel, but when it was time for a refill the weather had change to winter and I needed some extra moisturizing for my scalp so I picked up the Coconut line. 
It was love at first sniff! I am totally head over heals for the smell of these two products, it is like a tropical vacation every time I wash my hair. Along with its amazing (and non-synthetic) smell, the products really work to help moisturize the scalp and hair, smooth things out and help keep it manageable.
If you have tried natural shampoos, you've probably come across the later issue. See, commercial products use sulfates (sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate) as a way to give that thick rich lather. When it is taken out, as any good natural company should, sometimes you can run into lather issues, some natural brands just don't lather well, Desert Essence is not one of them. Their shampoos lather up beautifully and without any nasty chemicals!
Whatever your hair type, Desert Essence has a product that will work for you, I have tried most of them but seem to keep coming back to the coconut.

All Desert Essence shampoos and conditioners are vegetarian/vegan friendly, wheat and gluten free, recyclable, biodegradable and made with renewable resources.
They contain NO parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, phthalates,  artificial colors or fragrances, silicones, EDTA, glycol or petroleum-based ingredients, phosphates and are not tested on animals.

You can find them in the natural section of your grocery store or purchase online if you are living in Canada: www.well.ca or residents from the United States can order off their website www.desertessence.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment